Ankle Sprains are most often due to sports related injuries. They are common injuries that occur when you have increased stress on your ankle causing damage to one of the ligaments. This increased stress can occur from rolling your ankle while walking, running, or exercising. For athletes in training who have suffered an ankle sprain, the Alter G anti-gravity treadmill can help you get back to training faster.
The Alter G treadmill is a unique treadmill using air and NASA technology to unload a patient’s weight while ambulating to achieve faster recovery, which is perfect for ankle sprains. Reasons to use the Alter G if you have sprained your ankle:
- Allows patients to rehabilitate with less weight bearing and less pain and reduces the risk of further injury.
- Use with physical therapy following an injury or surgery on a lower extremity (hip, knee, ankle or foot).
- Preferred over pools: 1) no risk of infection from open wound in water, 2) Patients are able to walk with normal gait pattern and the ability to increase incline and speed, and 3) No bathing suits.
- Patients are able to walk with as little as 20% of their body weight.
- Patients are able to jog or run with as little as 65% of their body weight.
- Gait training and strengthening allows patients to walk freely to work on a normalize gait pattern without an assistive device or fear of falls.
- Strengthening and conditioning in a fall-safe environment for older patients.
- Weight-loss programs accommodating up to 52” in circumference for obese patients who are otherwise unable to ambulate the necessary time and distance for aerobic conditioning due to weight.
If you have a sports injury, gait instability, or decreased ability to walk a mile without pain due to an ankle sprain, then the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill is for you. If you would like more information or you would like to watch a video on the AlterG, click the link below.