In honor of National Peach Month, we thought we would share a fresh salad with you for the weekend. Add fresh peaches to this typical caprese salad for a delicious summer meal. This recipe yields four servings and takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. Enjoy! Here it is:
- 2 ripe peaches or nectarines, cut into 1/2″-thick wedges
- 1 pt. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c. fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. baby arugula
- 1/2 c. fresh basil, torn into pieces
- In a large bowl, toss the peaches, tomatoes, corn, onion and mozzarella with olive oil and 1⁄2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fold in arugula and basil, then transfer to a platter.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 288 CAL, 20.5 G FAT (9 G SAT FAT), 46 MG CHOL, 286 MG SOD, 12 G PRO, 16 G CAR, 3 G FIBER