Fall risk prevention is critically important to adults over 65 years of age. To assist in helping older adults with fall prevention, we have the Alter G treadmill. It is a unique treadmill that uses air and NASA technology to unload a patient’s weight while running or walking to achieve a stronger core and faster recovery. The Alter G helps reduce fall risk by allowing patients to:
- Strengthen and condition in a fall-safe environment for older patients.
- Gait train and strengthen for neurological patients such as Stroke, Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, etc. allowing patients to walk freely to work on a normalize gait pattern without an assistive device or fear of falls.
- Walk with as little as 20% of their body weight.
- Jog or run with as little as 65% of their body weight.
- Rehabilitate with less weight bearing and less pain and reduces the risk of further injury.
- Rehab after total joint replacement such as hip or knee.
- Assist patients with weight-loss programs accommodating up to 52” in circumference for obese patients who are otherwise unable to ambulate the necessary time and distance for aerobic conditioning due to weight.
If you or a loved one has balance issues and you fear a fall is imminent, then the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill is for you. If you would like more information or you would like to watch a video on the AlterG, please visit our AlterG Webpage for more details.
To request an appointment to use our Alter-G Anti-Gravity Treadmill, click here, or call directly to one of our three locations during regular business hours:
Cool Springs: 615-224-9810
Spring Hill: 931-489-2022